Thursday, March 25, 2010


I've been trying all winter to convince various friends to go cross country skiing with me. I have never gone, and thought it sounded like fun. Unfortunately, everybody else seemed to think that the sport was "a lame second to REAL skiing" or too much work for a Saturday afternoon. "pphaww" is what I say. True that it doesn't have the adrenaline of downhill, but it's 10 times cheaper, which makes me a fan! And no, it's not that much work. My 6 month pregnant friend Emily did it with no problems. So there.
I really did think it was a lot of fun. We spent the day at a cabin and had a gorgeous day with the forest all to ourselves all all the hot chocolate we wanted in between excersions. It was a little more skill that I initially expected, so we a fair bit of time the first while on our seats. Good thing the landing was so soft!




I've had the pleasure of spending several weekends in a row up at cabins in the mountains. Last weekend my church had a woman's retreat up near Heber, on another beautiful weekend. Below is a picture of the cabin. I would love to rent something like that out again sometime with a bunch of friends or family, so if your interested, let me know :). The best part to me was the hot tub under the stars. Living in the city, I hardly ever see them, and I almost forget about them sometimes. Out there though, they were incredibly clear!

snowshoing with a few ladies from church..


And hanging out a bit last week with cute little Nora..
I hate to end this blog on a tirade, but I would like to take a moment to tell the world that living in a city is NOT as covenient as living in a small town, contrary to popular opinion. The stores are huge, you have to DRIVE to them, and they are always out of things! Every time I go to Walmart, I end up making multiple trips because they never have everything I need. What a waste of time! I couldn't resist taking this picture since it shows just what I'm talking about. And no, there was not a big, irresistable sale on these items that cleared them out. It was this way last time I went to get this product too. Maybe I'll have success next week.. sigh..

Oh, I don't have to end it on a sour note! I have one more picture! I also went to the Lava Hot Springs in Idaho last weekend. Yay for hot springs and random road trips!


No comments:

Post a Comment