Monday, August 30, 2010

One thing that I love about life is that no matter how old you get, you still regularly experience "firsts". Over the past few weeks, I had my first drink from a whole coconut (worthy of a theme party, I think!)..
Saw my first 3d movie (not too bad, though sometimes my eyes felt a little boggled)..
and randomly joined a slip-and-slip party with a bunch of strangers at a park (how can you resist after a good run with a friend??)
August was full of a few not-so-much firsts as well. Three baby showers (if only I could count the money I have spent by now on other people's babies. You all owe me, by the way!)


Helping friends move..


picking up after storms (though this doesn't happen nearly as often since I moved to the mild state of Utah!),


And harvesting nice flowers from my garden.
A few other highlights..

Helping the kids get ready for school at the Dream Center..



Another inter-church bbq for the Christian community in Salt lake..





Attending free concerts in downtown Salt Lake..


And mountain biking up in Park City..

Summer seems to be coming to a close soon. Already the days are getting shorter and the mornings cooler. Looking foward to seeing what new things September holds!

No comments:

Post a Comment