Sunday, November 1, 2009

tis the season III

Last week was a fairly full week for me. I spent the week "zoo-sitting" for a family in my church - 1 dog, 2 cats, a lizard, crickets to feed the lizard, fish, and a crab. I knew I was in for an interesting week when the family handed me a jar of ear plugs on my first day! Don't be hood-winked by the dog's innocent look in the picture above. She managed to run away twice and had a several house-training issues throughout the week. It's a good reminder for me that the reason I don't have a pet is largely because they are a lot of work!



Some friends and I decided to have a fall celebration to enjoy all the good parts of the season. We planned to make homemade soup in pumpkin shells, watch "Charlie Brown and the Great Pumpkin", put together various traditional fall goodies, and carve pumpkins. Here is a picture of my pumpkins before the event..

And here is a picture of my pumpkins after!

Yes, as you can see, we didn't get much done. In fact, we ended up ordering pizza instead of making soup, never got around to watching Charlie Brown, and didn't even get the pumpkins in the house. Once we sat down on the couch and started chatting, we never got anywhere else! To make up for the event, we tried it again a few days later. This time, we did get our pumpkins carved..


Aren't they cute? :)



To top it off, we had a midnight jump in the leaves! Yee-haw!









No comments:

Post a Comment