Sunday, November 1, 2009

tis the season

There are a few things I really like about living in Utah. For one thing, I am STILL harvesting a few tomatoes -yes, in the last week of October! They still taste good, too!

I also enjoy the many rainbows I see around here. Storms here are generally a lot shorter than those in the midwest, so we get more rain/sun mixes, usually right above the mountains. This isn't a very strong one, but nice to see all the same!

Another notable occurance this week - the first real snow of the season! I actually really enjoy it - it makes me feel like Christmas is coming! I generally don't listen to Christmas music until the after Thanksgiving, but a make an exception on the first snow of the year! It also feels so nice to go home, cuddle in a blanket, and light some scented candles. I am glad I live somewhere that has four seasons.

Since I work in a Oncology clinic, I thought I'd look into becoming a bone marrow donor. Found out that it's really easy! All you have to do is go to http://www.dkmsamericas.org/ and sign up. They will send you a packet of Q-tips for you to swab your cheek. If you are found to be a match, you will be asked if you are still willing to have a bone marrow aspirate (you would most likely be asleep during the procedure and it would be no cost to you - a very simple procedure considering it could save a life and hardly any risk to you). So there's my plug - sign up! You could save someone's life!
I saw this video on someone else's blog, and thought it was a good reminder. I think I need to watch it every once in a while to remind myself of how silly my little complaints are. I confess that sometimes I am "that person". Who says there's nothing good on late night TV? (O wait, I think I've said that..) As an added benefit, you can be enterained by Conan's hair. I finally figured out what it reminds me of - it jiggles just like jello when he talks! :)
Check it out!

No comments:

Post a Comment